- It reduces stress.
- It saves money which also reduces stress.
- It helps make sure you have a variety of healthy meals you enjoy ready to make with all necessary ingredients.
- it helps save you time (which also reduces stress)
- it's green because it reduces food waste (and that saves you money)
- It reduces Clutter by cutting down on stuff you Might but do not use.
- It helps you lose weight by cutting down on pizza delivery and take out
It's very easy to set up. Adding recipes is very easy since it allows you to simply copy and paste a list into the ingredients section. I have seen other sites that required you to select each item and although those calculate nutrition information I don't always need that feature, Many recipe websites already have that calculated for you. Cozi has a spot for the name of the meal, the description (I put prep time and nutrition info here) the link to the recipe, ingredients and instructions. with one click you've added the ingredients to your shopping list.
There are many other free printable meal plans and websites to help you, too numerous to list, but a quick google search will find a ton for you. You can also use a plain piece of paper.
Admittedly you could plan breakfast and lunch but I usually do not unless it's a vacation week and the kids are home from school. We just don't vary these enough but you could and if you want to then by all means you can type more meals in here. My kids are now old enough to make their own breakfast and pack their own lunches so I ask for their input when making a shopping list and leave the meal plan as a dinner plan.
This month we are going to be meal planning. For starters:
- Clean your pantry and refrigerator
- Throw out everything that is past it's date
- Make a short list of things in the pantry or refrigerator you need to use
- Use Google and search for recipes using "this thing I found in the depths of my pantry or refrigerator"
- Check coupons that are about to expire Google recipes using "this stuff I have a great coupon for"
- Check the sales flier for your grocery store.
- Make a meal plan for 7-8 days depending on when you'll shop again. Take into consideration your schedule for the week, plan a crock-pot meal on a night you need dinner ready when you get home. Make sure the busy nights don't have the more complex meals.
- Make a shopping list using that meal plan
- Add in the other basics (cat food, toilet paper, coffee)
- Go shopping
- Stick to the plan.