- Your metabolic rate is at it's fastest.
- Fat is insulation and when it's warm your body doesn't need to hold onto it as much.
- It's easy to find fresh, local, in season healthy foods.
- warmer weather creates more opportunities to be physically active.
- Your stress levels are lower on vacation which means you avoid all the risks of Stress eating
- You can try new activities, many vacation locations have lessons and guided events.
Here are My tips for keeping on track with food:
- Set a goal to maintain or lose, or decide how much you are willing to gain, don't leave it to chance. Once you've decided you're taking a vacation from your diet, you're doomed.
- Continue tracking foods, if you're on an African Safari and truly have no signal anywhere, you also have no access to junk foods, so don't worry.
- Enjoy the activities, the sight seeing, the people, the relaxation, vacations are not all about food.
- Pack healthy snacks
- Pack breakfast foods, It's very simple to pack cereal and get milk locally to save a lot of money and calories on breakfast.
- Many hotels offer a refrigerator and microwave if you ask. There may be a small fee but it's still less costly than eating every meal in a restaurant.
- Drink Plenty of fluids
- Pack your Resistance tubes for a quick strength training workout on the go.
- Love and respect yourself, decide to stay on track, and use good judgement when eating out. Stop eating when full and never eat room service in front of the TV.
Be sure to check out my Real People Weight Loss Summer Kickstart audio program. You get it free by signing up for E-mail updates.