- If there is a Doctor or Dentist still handing out candy, give it to them.
- Donate to a shelter or food pantry, those kids love treats too.
- Freeze it and enjoy in moderation
- Donate to soldiers overseas (if not meltable)
- Freeze it to use in goodie bags for birthdays or to make a gingerbread house or other craft
- Donate to a Nursing home
- Donate to staff at an animal shelter
- Throw it away
Newsflash, you actually do not HAVE to eat the leftover Halloween candy. We've always been taught that wasting food is a sin. What we need to do now is clarify the definition of food. Candy provides pleasure, not nutrition. You probably purchased it to make the neighborhood children happy, so it has served it's purpose. Since it provides no nutrition, it's not the same as wasting vegetables, or meats. You are allowed to toss extra candy. If it's not a trigger food and you can enjoy it responsibly, then put it away. If you can't, don't keep it around where it will tempt you and cause you to feel bad about yourself. Here's what you can do with candy besides eating it.